Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Beauty

There's something about this place I can't seem to leave beind. The fact that the love of my life lives up here I'm sure is a help...but it's just something about the mountains and the way a sense of "home" overcomes me when I come here that makes me never want to leave.

September I will be up here for good. He promised me.

I'm speaking of Burlington, Vermont. Though many have warned me that I, Florida native, will never survive a winter. I'm willing to try it, though. You never know, I might be tougher than they think.

I love him. I need no other person. I finally have the love of my life back and this time we've both vowed not to give up so easily.

I already miss his arms around me. All I want is to drive back home, curl up in his arms, and sleep for days. I'm so tired...the thought of returning to Florida makes me physically tired. All I want is to wake up every morning knowing that I'll either see his face or that he's only a 15 minute drive away.

I want to be there for good. I want it to be September so that I can be done with school and a job that is becoming more and more of a burden as the days pass.

I saw my first Vermont sunset last night. The sun slipped quietly behind the mountains as it splashed purples and pinks into a cotton-cloud sky right next to the base. I sat on a rock near the edge of the lake and watched the gold light fade away. As I walked back to the car to wait for him to come get me, I watched some people playing frizbee and a young girl play fetch with a dog that had a cat-like gait. I listened in on a few people as they pointed out the Coast Guard boat going out and I smiled to myself, knowing that they would never understand the meaning of loving someone that was in that service.

I can't wait to be one of those Burlington residents playing with my dog out by the lake as the sun paints its canvas in the sky. I can't wait for September.

No comments: