Friday, April 20, 2007

Love, Reign O'er Me...

Oh my god...I want everyone to know what an awesome friend I have in Alyse. I literally have tears streaming down my face right now because she wrote me this beautiful letter.

It's funny that she wrote something this deep to me today of all days...because as I was driving home to my apartment I realized something...it's not Gainesville that makes me feel so at home. It's Alyse. And I realized at that moment that I would follow her to the ends of the earth if nessisary. Because I love her that much.

And here is just one example of why...

Keels,

I know that you feel that many people don’t love you or just love you because of what you can do for them. I know it sucks that your family is giving you a hard time about your dad and your mom isn’t exactly there for you right now.

You know what makes us friends? Because not only to I know all this, I share all this. Everything that you do, I share. Your pain, your laughter, your anger, I feel it. When something bad happens to you I feel literal pain in my heart. I am not sure about what is out there, God, destiny, fate, or the cosmos. But what I am sure of is that we were supposed to meet. We were supposed to be friends. We were supposed to be in each others lives.

I truly do believe that we are linked in one way or another. We are the same spirit with different bodies and families. Since all of these people have been giving you a reason to hate yourself, I figured I would give you what I think of you. I think that you are an amazing person on the inside. Your willingness to be there for people at the drop of a hat, your weird humor that completely compliments mine, your sweetness that makes every day a little brighter. You have this ability to make me feel better in any situation and for that I am truly grateful.

Now, on the outside, you need some work because no one wants a friend who, when you are compared next to, you are absolutely outshined. You are truly beautiful in every sense of the word and your eyes have a warmth to them that I have yet to find in any other human being. I know that this sounds like a love letter, and it kind of is. Because the truth is that I couldn’t possibly love someone more than I love you. You not only let me be strange and crazy, you hop on for the ride.

Everyday I thank God for meeting you because I truly couldn’t imagine my life without you. Who else can so beautifully love Anthony Hopkins while eating phish food and hate on real life men with me? Without you I would have no one to throw my head back and laugh or rest my head on and cry. You amaze me in every way and everyday. When I see pictures of us, which we need more of, I find myself smiling for memories that have long past and in anticipation of more to come.


Remember, when someone makes you feel as if your are worthless or make you doubt the reason you are here, please think of me and how much you mean to me. I really don’t think two friends on this earth could be closer, especially when two hours of distance divides them. Thank you so much for seriously always being there when I need you and being there when I don’t. Friendship isn’t just about needing people and they come, its about wanting people and loving them. I do all three in your case.

I am so happy that you are in my life and wish you could see how incredible you are. I really honestly couldn’t ask for a better friend. I thought life was going to turn out so different. I thought that I was going to marry Darin, you were going to marry Trey, we were going to be good friends, have everything be the same as high school.

But expectations are not always met. In fact they hardly ever are, at least in our lives. But the only thing that did stay through the move to college and new life, was our friendship. We used to fight a lot and because of that I figured that being two hours away would put us at a comfortable, see you at Christmas, distance. But instead, when all of our expectations fell, we were left, holding each other up. I cant believe what a friend you are, the absolute best, and I am so lucky to still have you.

I am sorry for anytime that I have made you feel like you are not worth my love because in truth, you own all of it. I love you so much and it makes me sick to think of my life without you in it. You are beautiful, amazing, wonderful, kind, sweet, kick ass, sassy, my best friend, and me all in one. Even when no one else seems to, please know that I love you so much and am so happy to never be alone because you have the other part of my spirit. You are so special to me and I hope that you feel like the best person in the world…because you deserve to. I love you honey.

Lysie Shae







I may live on the streets one day, but as long as I have her friendship, I'll be the richest person in the world.

I love you Alyse.

No comments: